What is the News?
Haryana Government has launched the Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme (PVDPS) and Oxy Van(Oxygen Forests) on the occasion of World Environment Day.
About Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme(PVDPS):
Read Also :-“Pradhan Mantri VAN DHAN Yojana” (PMVDY)
- Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme(PVDPS) is an initiative to honour all those trees which are of the age of 75 years and above. As they have served humanity throughout their life by producing oxygen, reducing pollution, providing shade and so on.
- Such trees will be identified throughout the state and these will be looked after by involving local people in this scheme.
- For the maintenance of these trees, a “pension amount” of Rs 2,500 would be given per year.
- The pension shall be given to the Village panchayats and Urban Local Bodies department for the upkeep of the trees installing plates, grilles among others.
- This ‘tree pension’ shall continue to increase every year on lines similar to the Old Age Samman Pension Scheme in the state.
About Oxy Van:
- Oxy Van are identified pieces of land on which as many as 3 crore trees would be planted.
- The Oxy Vans will occupy 10% of the 8 lakh hectares of land across Haryana.
- The total cost of the project shall be Rs 1 crore.
Read Also :–Issue of Pension System in India
Source: Indian Express