What is the News?
The Government of India has informed the Supreme Court about the status of India’s Healthcare infrastructure to tackle the Covid-19 pandemic.
India’s Healthcare Infrastructure Status:
- India’s Health Infrastructure has increased up to 45-fold to tackle the successive waves of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The total cumulative vaccine coverage was 27.23 crore doses as of June 19, 2021.
- The total intensive care unit(ICU) beds had increased by 45-fold from a baseline of 2,500 to around 1.13 lakh.
- The total isolation beds (excluding ICU beds) had climbed 42-fold, from 41,000 to 17.17 lakh.
- Oxygen-supported beds have multiplied 7.5-fold from 50,000 to around 3.81 lakh.
- Around 1.5 lakh health personnel had been engaged on the ground to tackle the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The insurance coverage was given to 22.12 lakhs health care workers, including ASHA workers fighting COVID-19.
- Testing capacity had been increased from 30,000 tests a day in April 2020 to a high of 22 lakh tests daily.
Source: The Hindu
Read Also :-Revitalizing Coal Bed Methane in India