News: While putting vaccination for adolescents in “mission mode”, the Prime minister stressed the need to ensure adequate health infrastructure at the district level.
|Read more: How to fix India’s creaking health infrastructure?|
What steps should be adopted to improve health infrastructure amid Omicron?
– Government should work towards Upgrading health infrastructure, testing capacity, availability of oxygen beds and ICUs, buffer stock of essential drugs under Emergency Covid Response Package (ECRP ii)
– 31% of adolescents aged 15-18 years have received their 1st jab of vaccination. Further, the contribution of various stakeholders is required to accelerate the vaccination drive for adolescents.
– Government should ensure the availability of telemedicine to ensure the availability of health-related guidance to people in remote and rural areas.
|Read more: PM ABHIM (Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission) – Explained pointwise|
– Awareness among people to wear masks and adoption of physical distancing methods.
– Adoption of home isolation methods for mild symptoms or in case of asymptomatic cases.
– Dissemination of factual information to the community.
|Read more: One billion Covid Vaccines and beyond – Explained, pointwise|
Source: This post is based on the article “PM bats for health infra at district level” published in the Livemint on 10th January 2022.