News:A recent study by scientists of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) has proved that Himalayan Ibex, is a distinct species from the Siberian Ibex.The study was funded through the National Mission on Himalayan Studies
- Siberian Ibex is a species of wild goat.
- Distribution: mountain ranges of central and northeastern Afghanistan, China, north India (Himalayas of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh), eastern Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, northeastern Uzbekistan, northern Pakistan, Russia , and Tajikistan.
- IUCN Status: Least Concern
National Mission on Himalayan Studies:
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Aim: Addressing the key issues relating to conservation and sustainable management of natural resources in Indian Himalayan Region