News:Home Minister has launched several Cyber initiative projects of the Gujarat police.
About Cyber AASHVAST:
- Cyber Aashvast is an initiative started by the Cyber Crime Cell of the Gujarat Police.
- It will own an exclusive online portal that will have dedicated service helpline for victims of cyber-crimes.
Units under Cyber AASHVAST:There are four units of the portal which include:
- Incident Response Unit:It is a 24×7 basis available team ready to deal with online financial crimes.
- Cyber Suraksha Lab:It is a dedicated space for the citizens where they can take the help of kiosks to find out if their phone has been hacked or is a victim of malware.
- Cyber Crime Prevention Unit:It is an online portal which will contain a database of thousands of phone numbers and website links that have been suspected of being involved in financial crimes so that the citizens can aware themselves and stay alert.
- Cyber Anti-bullying Unit:It deals with cases of online stalking, harassment, bullying, using morphed pictures, sexual harassment and has a dedicated team of police personnel and counsellors to help the victims, while retaining their confidentiality. The helpline number is 100
- VISWAS stands for Video Integration and State Wide Advanced Security.
- It is a first of its kind project in the country launched for major e-governance initiative.
- It aims at improving Law and Order Management, Proactive traffic management and control, Crime detection through video analytics and Post incident Investigation and video forensics.
About Cyber Crime Cooperation Investigation Request Portal:
- It is a portal where any state police or law enforcement agency can access and submit details about any offender staying in Gujarat.
- The case will be immediately transferred to Cyber Crime Cell of Gujarat which will then deal with the case.