News: Union HRD Minister has launched the first online National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancement(NISHTHA) programme for 1,200 key resources persons of Andhra Pradesh.
- NISHTHA: It is an Integrated Teacher Training Programme at the elementary stage under Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan.
- Aim: To train teachers and school principals at the elementary stage so that they can encourage and foster critical thinking in students.
- Coverage: It aims to build capacities of around 42 lakh participants by:
- Covering all teachers and heads of schools at the elementary level in all Government schools,
- Faculty members of State Councils of Educational Research and Training (SCERTs) and District Institutes of Education and Training (DIETs),
- Block Resource Coordinators and Cluster Resource Coordinators in all States and UTs.
- Implementation: The training will be conducted by Key Resource Persons(KRPs) and State Resource Persons (SRP) identified by the State and UTs who will in turn be trained by 120 National Resource Persons identified from NCERTs among others.
- Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan: It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme launched as an integrated scheme for school education extending from pre-school to class XII to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education at all levels of school education.