News: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs(MoHUA) and the All India Council for Technical Education under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) have jointly launched The Urban Learning Internship Programme(TULIP).
- TULIP: It is a dedicated programme offering internships to fresh graduates in all urban local bodies(ULBs) and smart cities across the country in the domain of urban governance.
- Eligibility: It is open to Indian Citizens who graduate from an undergraduate program and can apply within 18 months from graduating.
- Committee: Steering Committee under the Chairmanship of Secretary, HUA including Chairman AICTE and other officials has been constituted to review the progress of the program on a periodic basis.
Smart Cities Mission:
- Launched Year: 2015
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs.
- Aim: To develop 100 smart cities across the country by 2022 making them citizen-friendly and sustainable.
- Objective: To promote sustainable and inclusive cities that provide core infrastructure and give a decent quality of life to its citizens a clean and sustainable environment and application of ‘Smart’ Solutions.