News:NASA’s Hubble telescope has released an image of a spiral galaxy called NGC 3895.
- NGC 3895 was discovered by German-born British astronomer William Herschel in 1790.It was later observed by the Hubble Space Telescope.
- It is located at a distance of over 161 million light-years and is a part of Ursa Major.
- The image, colour and shape of the galaxy resembles a coffee.
- Galaxy: It is a huge collection of gas, dust and billions of stars and their solar systems all held together by gravity.
- Ursa Major: It is a constellation containing a group of stars commonly called the Big Dipper.They are the largest northern constellation and third largest constellation in the sky.
- Hubble Space Telescope: It is a space-borne observatory deployed in 1990 and is part of NASA’s “Great Observatories.It was built by NASA with contributions from the European Space Agency.