News:Prime minister has launched the I-STEM Portal at the 107th Indian Science Congress(ISC).
About I-STEM Portal:
- I-STEM is Indian Science, Technology and Engineering Facilities web portal.
- The National Portal is the gateway for researchers to locate the specific facility(ies) they need for their R&D work and identify the one that is either located closest to them or available the soonest.
- The researcher after locating the facility can make an online reservation in order to use the facility.
Significance of the portal:
- The portal makes it easier to have a national and regional inventory of resources so as to match users with the resources they need and to do all this in an efficient and transparent manner.
- This can also lead to a leap in R&D productivity and greatly enhance the effectiveness of public investment.