Source: Indian Express
List of Contents
What is the News?
The Income Tax (I-T) Department has notified three official email IDs to register grievances, under the Faceless e-Assessment Scheme.
About Faceless e-Assessment Scheme.
- The Income Tax Department in 2019 has rolled out the faceless e-assessment scheme that eliminates physical interface between the taxpayer and the Income Tax (I-T) Department.
- Aim: To promote an efficient and effective tax administration, minimizing physical interface, increasing accountability and introduction of team-based assessments
Key Features of Faceless e-Assessment Scheme
- Selection of a taxpayer only through system using data analytics and AI
- Abolition of territorial jurisdiction
- Automated random allocation of cases
- Central issuance of notices with Document Identification No. (DIN)
- No physical interface, no need to visit the income tax office
- Team-based assessments and team-based review
- Draft assessment order in one city, review in another city and finalisation in the third city.
What are cases exempted from the Faceless e-Assessment?
Cases relating to:
- Serious frauds, major tax evasion, sensitive & search matters
- International tax
- Black Money Act and Benami Property.