What is the News?
Indian Air Force(IAF) is all set to take part in the multinational Exercise Desert Flag in the UAE.
Exercise Desert Flag:
- Exercise Desert Flag is an annual multinational large force employment warfare exercise. United Arab Emirates Air Force hosts this exercise.
- Aim: It provides operational exposure to the participating forces. Further, Exercise Desert Flag also trains them to undertake simulated air combat operations in a controlled environment. It involves diverse fighter aircraft from across the globe.
- Participating Countries: Ten countries including India, the United Arab Emirates, the USA, France, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, and Bahrain are participating in the exercise.
- Observer Countries: Greece, Jordan, Kuwait and Egypt.
- Significance of the Exercise Desert Flag: The exercise gives an opportunity to participating countries to:
- Enhance their operational capabilities along with the mutual exchange of best practices.
- Contribute towards the strengthening of their international relations.
Importance for India:
- This is the first time India will participate in Exercise Desert Flag. Further, It is also the first time India is taking part in a multinational air combat exercise in the strategically located Persian Gulf region.
- It is for the fourth time when IAF is participating in such a multilateral exercise in the last five years. The other three were,