Source: Deccan Herald
What is the News?
Indian Council for Cultural Relations(ICCR) has launched a new campaign called ‘Kala Vishwa’.
About Kala Vishwa Campaign:
- Kala Vishwas is a campaign that aims to reach out to traditional folk artists, local artists/artisans coming from rural areas. It will give them an opportunity and a platform to perform, especially during the challenging time of COVID-19.
- The Indian Council for Cultural Relations(ICCR) is an autonomous body under the administrative control of the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Founded in: It was founded in 1950 by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad who was the first Education Minister of independent India.
- To actively participate in the formulation and implementation of policies and programmes pertaining to India’s external cultural relations
- To foster and strengthen cultural relations and mutual understanding between India and other countries
- To promote cultural exchanges with other countries and people, and to develop relations with nations.