|Introduction: Contextual introduction.|
Body: Explain why Inclusion is integral to rapid growth.
Conclusion: Write a way forward.
Inclusive growth infers an impartial allocation of resources with benefits incurred to every section of the society. Rapid growth is necessary to reduce poverty but for this growth to be sustainable in the long run, it should be broad-based across sectors, and inclusive of the large part of the country’s labour force.
Why inclusion is integral to rapid growth?
- It lessens the fast growth rate of poverty in a country and upsurges the participation of people into the development of the country.
- Inclusive growthis important for the overall growth of a nation and the government should focus on inclusion in its policies and programmes.
- Advancing inclusive growth is so important in India today. At the most basic level, economic growth results from labour force growth and productivity growth of workers.
- Broad-based and significant improvement in health outcomes.
- Increased access to higher education and improved standards of education, including skill development.
- Better opportunities for both wage employment and livelihood.
- Improvement in provision of basic amenities like water, electricity, roads, sanitation and housing.
- To grow at 8% or higher rates India must recognise that inclusion is an integral part of rapid growth and only then India’s labour-intensive industries can grow leading to overall development of the nation.
- There will be no inclusive growth unless it takes satisfactory care of women and children.
India needs to democratize productivity through inclusive growth to finally reach its full economic potential. To achieve inclusive growth in India, there is a need to shift the workers from informal employment to formal employment.