News: Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing a Memorandum of Cooperation(MoC) in the field of cybersecurity between India and Japan.
- Aim: The Memorandum of Cooperation(MoC) will enhance cooperation in areas of mutual interest which include:
- Capacity building in the area of cyberspace
- Protection of critical infrastructure
- Cooperation in emerging technologies
- Sharing information on cyber security threats/incidents and malicious cyber activities.
- Developing joint mechanisms for practical cooperation to mitigate cyber threats.
- Reciprocal Provision of Supplies and Services agreement: It is a mutual logistics agreement signed between India and Japan.The agreement allows the militaries of the two countries to use each other’s bases and facilities for repair and replenishment of supplies.
- Lunar Polar Exploration mission: It is a joint mission of ISRO and Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency(JAXA) to be launched in 2023.It aims to send a lunar rover and lander to explore the south pole region of the Moon.