News:The World Economic Forum’s 33rd edition of the India Economic Summit will begin from October 3rd in New Delhi.
About the summit:
- The summit is being held by the World Economic Forum in collaboration with the CII(Confederation of Indian Industry).
- The theme of the summit is ‘Innovating for India: Strengthening South Asia, Impacting the World’.
- The summit aims to accelerate Fourth Industrial Revolution.It will also have special focus on collaboration with South Asia and ASEAN countries.
Agenda of the summit:The summit is to address strategic issues based on 4 thematic pillars
- New Geopolitical reality – effects of geopolitical shifts and complexity of the global system
- New Social System – Inclusive growth, health and inequality
- New Ecological System – Climate Change, Environment and Food
- New Technological System – Science, innovation, entrepreneurship and fourth industrial revolution
World Economic Forum(WEF)
- WEF was established in 1971 as a not-for-profit foundation and is headquartered in Geneva,Switzerland.
- The objective of WEF is to improve the state of the world by engaging business,political,academic and other leaders of society to shape global,regional and industry agendas.
- Some of the most significant reports published by the WEF are (a)Global Competitiveness Report (b)Global Gender Gap Report (c)Global Risks Report and (d)Global Travel and Tourism Report among others.