News:The 5th edition of India International Science Festival (IISF) 2019 will be held at Kolkata from 5th to 8th November, 2019.
- IISF is an annual event organised jointly by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Earth Sciences in association with Vijnana Bharati (Vibha).
- IISF aims to encourage the young minds towards the field of science and to promote the networking of stakeholders working towards the propagation of science.
- The festival celebrates the achievements of India’s scientific and technological advancements with students, innovators, craftsmen, farmers, scientists and technocrats from India and abroad.
- The theme for this year’s festival is RISEN India – Research, Innovation, and Science Empowering the Nation.
About Student Science village:
- Student Science Village is a part of the India International Science Festival 2019 at Kolkata, West Bengal.
- The prime goal of Student ScienceVillage is to provide science exposure to the students from rural India and make them aware of India’s achievements in frontier areas of Science & Technology.
- The programme is linked with Pradhan Mantri Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana where in every Member of Parliament has been asked to nominate five students each along with their teacher from their constituency for the village.
About Pradhan Mantri Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana:
- Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana is a village development project under which each Member of Parliament will take the responsibility of developing physical and institutional infrastructure in three villages by 2019.
- The goal is to develop three Adarsh Grams or model villages by March 2019, of which one would be achieved by 2016.Thereafter,five such Adarsh Grams (one per year) will be selected and developed by 2024.
- The scheme is implemented through a village development plan that is prepared for every identified gram panchayat with special focus on enabling every poor household to come out of poverty.
- The constituency fund, MPLADS fund would be available to fill critical financing gaps.
- The planning process in each village will be a participatory exercise coordinated by the District Collector.The MP will play an active facilitating role in this exercise.