Source: The post is based on the article “India joins UAE, France for trilateral on clean energy, counter-pandemic steps” published in The Hindu on 6th February 2023.
What is the News?
India, France and the United Arab Emirates(UAE) have announced the creation of a formal trilateral cooperation initiative.
The idea of this partnership was first discussed at a meeting in New York during the United Nations General Assembly in September 2022.
What is the purpose of the Trilateral cooperation initiative?
The Trilateral Cooperation Initiative will act as a platform:
– To work together in the fields of nuclear and solar energy as well as in tackling climate change and preserving biodiversity.
– To serve as a forum to promote the design and execution of cooperation projects in the fields of energy, with a focus on solar and nuclear energy, as well as in the fight against climate change and the protection of biodiversity, particularly in the Indian Ocean region.
– To work together in defence, countering infectious diseases, and promoting cooperation in global health organizations such as the World Health Organization, Gavi-the Vaccine Alliance, the Global Fund, and Unitaid.
– To identify tangible cooperation on implementing the “One Health” approach, and support the development of local capacities in biomedical innovation and production within developing countries.
– To expand their cooperation through initiatives such as the Mangrove Alliance for Climate led by the UAE and the Indo-Pacific Parks Partnership led by India and France.