List of Contents
What is the News?
The Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises has inaugurated NATRAX- the High Speed Track(HST) in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
What is High Speed Track(HST)?
- A High-Speed Track (HST) is used for measuring the maximum speed capability of high-end cars like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Tesla.
- At present, foreign OEMs go to their respective high-speed track abroad for high-speed test requirements.
About NATRAX-the High-Speed Track(HST):
- The National Automotive Test Tracks(NATRAX) is an 11.3 kms long High-Speed Track (HST) facility.
- Purpose: The facility is a one-stop solution for all sorts of high-speed performance tests for the widest categories of vehicles, from 2 wheelers to heavy tractor-trailers.
- The track has been designed for neutral speeds up to 250 kmph and a maximum speed of up to 375 kmph on curves. There is no limit to maximum speed on the straight patch.
- The zero-percent longitudinal slope makes this track an open-air test laboratory for precise measurement of the performance of vehicles.
- Moreover, the track is open to having vehicles from overseas being evaluated here as part of the testing process.
- Significance: The track is the longest in Asia and fifth-largest in the world.