News: NITI Aayog, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and Invest India are organizing a global symposium virtually, ‘India PV EDGE 2020’.
- India has become the third-largest solar capacity country in the world and set an ambitious target of 450 GW of renewable capacity by 2030 comprising 300 GW of solar capacity.
- The major factor behind the rise of solar deployment is giga-scale solar manufacturing and the continuous adoption of innovations to reduce prices.
- Hence, solar PV manufacturing is one of the strategic sectors announced by the Indian government as part of the post-Covid Atma Nirbhar Bharat recovery initiative.
- Cutting-edge giga-scale solar manufacturing stands on three pillars:
- disruptive PV chemistries
- manufacturing by custom-engineered advanced production equipment, and
- utilisation of innovative BOM components like special glasses and coatings.
- Invest India: It is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of India and acts as the first point of reference for investors in India.
- It was set up in 2009 as a non-profit venture under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.