What is the News?
Union Minister for Communications inaugurated India Telecom 2021 Event.
About India Telecom 2021:
- Organised by: Telecom Equipment Export Promotion Council(TEPC) under Market Access Initiative Scheme (MAI) of the Department of Commerce.
- The event has the support of the Department of Telecommunications & Ministry of External Affairs.
- Purpose: It is an exclusive international business expo. It aims to provide opportunities to the Indian telecom stakeholders to meet qualified overseas buyers.
- 40 Indian telecom companies and 200 foreign delegates from more than 45 countries are attending the event.
- Setup by: Ministry of Commerce & Industry and Ministry of Communications
- Aim: To promote and develop Export of Telecom Equipment and Services.
- Functions: The council undertakes several activities aimed at exports promotion such as;
- Commissioning of Studies to find potential markets
- Recommending to the Government for making necessary changes in various policies and procedures for promotion of Exports and Services.
- Holding of National/International Seminars
- Facilitating the participation of exporters in various overseas exhibitions
- Dissemination of trade-related data to its members.
Market Access Initiative (MAI) Scheme
- Nodal Ministry: Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Objective: It is an Export Promotion Scheme. The scheme aims to act as a catalyst to promote India’s exports on a sustained basis.
- Product and Country Focus Approach: The scheme is formulated on the basis of the product and country focus approach. It will evolve specific markets and specific products through market studies/surveys.