News: National Tiger Conservation Authority(NTCA) has announced the adoption of the Conservation Assured | Tiger Standards[CA|TS] across all of the country’s 50 Tiger Reserves.
- CA|TS: It was launched in 2013 as a partnership of tiger range governments, inter-governmental agencies, institutions, NGOs and conservation organisations.
- Purpose: It is a conservation tool that sets best practice and standards to manage target species and encourages assessments to benchmark progress.Tigers are the first species selected for the initiative.
- Implementation: World Wildlife Fund for Nature(WWF) is helping tiger range countries to implement CA|TS and is joined by other key global organisations.
- Global Tiger Forum(GTF): It is the only inter-governmental international body established in 1993 with members from willing countries to embark on a global campaign to protect the Tiger.It is located in New Delhi, India.
- Global Tiger Initiative(GTI): It was launched in 2008 as a global alliance of governments, international organizations, civil society and the private sector with the aim of working together to save wild tigers from extinction.In 2013, the scope was broadened to include Snow Leopards.
- WWF:It is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961 to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. Headquarters:Gland, Switzerland.