What is the News?
Indian Army will participate in a Multinational Military Exercise named “Shantir Ogroshena-2021” in Bangladesh.
About Exercise ‘Shantir Ogroshena-2021’:
- Exercise Shantir Ogroshena (Front Runner of the Peace) is a multinational military exercise.
- The 2021 edition of the Exercise will be held in Bangladesh. It is held there to commemorate the birth centenary of Bangladesh’s ‘Father of the Nation’ Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
- Theme: The theme of the exercise is “Robust Peacekeeping Operations”.
- Participating Countries: The participants of the Exercise are
- The DOGRA Regiment of the Indian Army
- A contingent of Royal Bhutan Army
- Sri Lankan Army
- Bangladesh Army.
- Observers: The military observers from the USA, UK, Turkey, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Singapore will also present throughout the exercise.