. What is the News?
The Indian Navy Ships INS Satpura (with an integral helicopter embarked) and INS Kiltan along with P8I Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft are participating in Exercise La Pérouse.
About Exercise La Pérouse:
- Exercise La Pérouse is a multilateral maritime exercise led by the French Navy.
- Aim: The exercise will witness complex and advanced naval operations. It includes surface warfare, anti-air warfare and air defence exercises, weapon firing exercises, cross deck flying operations, and seamanship evolutions such as replenishment at sea.
- Participants: French Navy, Indian Navy, Royal Australian Navy (RAN), Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF), and the United States Navy (USN) are the participating in the exercise.
- Location: The exercise is being conducted in the Eastern Indian Ocean Region.
- Significance: Indian Navy is participating in the exercise for the first time. The participation will showcase high levels of synergy, coordination and interoperability between the friendly navies.