Skip to content
- France will handover the first batch of Rafale fighter jets to India in September,2021.
- The Rafale deal is a defence deal between French and Indian government.In 2016,Indian government had inked a direct deal with the French government to purchase 36 new Rafale fighter jet.
- Rafale is a twin-engine medium multi-role combat aircraft.It is manufactured by the French company Dassault Aviation.
- The Rafale is referred to as an ‘omnirole’ aircraft by Dassault.It is the capability to perform several actions at the same time.It can carry out both air-to-ground as well as air-to-air attacks.
- The aircraft is also fitted with an on-board oxygen generation system (OBOGS).It suppresses the need for liquid oxygen refilling or ground support for oxygen production.