Source: Indian Express
List of Contents
What is the News?
India has given a name to its operation to evacuate its citizens from war-torn Afghanistan.It has called the operation as ‘Operation Devi Shakti’.
About Operation Devi Shakti:
- Under this Operation, Indians and foreign nationals are being evacuated from Afghanistan following the Taliban’s takeover of the nation.
Earlier Evacuation Operations of India:
- Operation Raahat: It was launched by the Indian Armed Forces, to evacuate Indian citizens and foreign nationals of 41 countries from Yemen during the 2015 Yemen Crisis.
- Operation Maitri: It was a rescue and relief operation in Nepal carried out by the government of India and Indian armed forces in the aftermath of the 2015 Nepal earthquake.
- Operation Safe Homecoming: It was an operation launched by the Indian government in 2011 to evacuate its citizens, fleeing from the Libyan Civil War.
- Operation Sukoon: It was an operation carried out by the Indian Navy to evacuate Indian, Sri Lankan and Nepalese nationals from the conflict zone during the 2006 Lebanon War.