List of Contents
What is the News?
Indian Prime Minister will gift a Fast Patrol Vessel named PS Zoroaster to Seychelles during the virtual event.
India’s Assistance to Seychelles:
Fast Patrol Vessel PS Zoroaster:
- Fast Patrol Vessel(FPV) PS Zoroaster will be built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineering.
- Purpose: It is useful for multi-purpose operations such as patrolling, anti-smuggling, anti-poaching, and search and rescue(SAR).
- Significance: This is the fourth Fast Patrol Vessel that India has gifted to Seychelles. Other gifted vessels by India include PS Topaz (2005), PS Constant (2014), Patrol Boat Hermes (2016).
Solar Power Plant:
- India will also hand over a 1 MW Solar Power Plant at Romainville Island of Seychelles.
- The plant is a part of the ‘Solar photovoltaic Democratization Project’. India is implementing this project in Seychelles under grant assistance.
- The solar plant project will generate around 14 lakh units of power annually. Further, It will meet the electricity consumption demand of around 400 Seychellois houses around the year.
- Also, India and Seychelles will jointly inaugurate the new Magistrates’ Court Building in Victoria, Seychelles.
- This Court Building is India’s first major civil infrastructure project in Seychelles, built with grant assistance.
Note: Interesting to know, India is contributing over 50% of Seychelles’ maritime and air assets and around 70% of capacity development in terms of training, exercise, and human resource expertise.
Source: The Hindu