Why in News?
Bilateral Air exercise “Desert Knight-21” between India and France will be conducted at Air Force Station Jodhpur.
Key Facts about Desert Knight-21 exercise:
- Exercise Desert Knight: Exercise will take place between Indian Air Force (IAF) and the French Air and Space Force.
- The French and Indian air forces have been conducting Exercise Garuda for the last several years as part of efforts to boost operational cooperation.
- Aim: To provide operational exposure and also help in sharing practices towards enhancing combat capability.
- Uniqueness: For the first time ever the both the countries will be using Rafale aircraft in this exercise.
Other Exercises of India and France:
- Exercise Varuna – Naval exercise
- Exercise Shakti – Army exercise