What is the News?
The Indo-French Year of the Environment launched for the period 2021-22.
About Indo-French Year of the Environment
- Objective: To strengthen Indo-French cooperation towards climate change and environment protection.
- This platform would be used for discussions on critical areas of collaboration relating to the environment and allied areas.
- Themes: The cooperation would be based on five main themes: environmental protection, climate change, biodiversity conservation, sustainable urban development, and the development of renewable energies and energy efficiency.
- Implementation: From the Indian side, it will be coordinated by the MoEFCC along with the Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, and other concerned Ministries/Departments/Organisations.
- Joint Committee: A joint screening committee will also be set up to finalize the calendar of the events for the Indo-French Year of the Environment.