What is the News?
Exercise Dustlik-II between India and Uzbekistan will be held in Uttarakhand from March 10 to 19.
About Exercise Dustlik-II:
- Exercise Dustlik is a military exercise between the Indian Army and Uzbekistan Army.
- First Edition: The first edition of the Exercise Dustlik was held in 2019 at Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Aim: The aim of the exercise is strengthening Counter Insurgency (CI) and Counter-Terrorism (CT) operations. Especially in mountainous, rural and urban scenarios under United Nations(UN) mandate.
- Other key Focus Areas of Exercise Dustlik:
- During the exercise, the Indian Army will share the experiences and lessons it has gained in Kashmir.
- Exercise Dustlik will also focus on people-centric intelligence-based surgical operations. Further, It also incorporates technological advancements to minimise collateral damage in army operations.
- India’s Participation: India has nominated Army’s 13 Kumaon regiment. It is also called the Rezang La battalion for its heroic action in the 1962 war with China.
Other Exercises between India and Central Asian Countries:
- Exercise KAZIND: It is an annual military exercise between India and Kazakhstan army.
- Exercise KHANJAR: It is a joint military training exercise between India and Kyrgyzstan.
Source: The Hindu