- The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) has called for transforming heritage buildings in Rajasthan into “economic assets” for the society.
2. INTACH is working for protection of natural heritage, geo-heritage, water bodies, stepwells, sacred groves, wall paintings and rock.
3. Economic benefits could be derived from these properties as an alternative to paying for their upkeep on a regular basis.
4. The demolition of these buildings would contribute global warming.
5. An exercise had been launched for mapping of natural heritage in Thar desert with local communities participation for modern planning.