- The Integrated Defence Staff of the Defence Ministry and the Indian Space Research Organsiation (ISRO) signed a memorandum of understanding to set up telemedicine nodes in critical places across the country.
2. This joint initiative will transform the reach of telemedicine to soldiers, airmen, and sailors in remote and isolated posts.
3. The initiative will provide great help to soldiers posted in high-altitude areas, especially Siachen.
4. This will be a paradigm shift in the delivery of lifesaving health care till the weather clears up and movement is possible.
5. During winter period, many of the remote posts are cut off because of adverse terrain and extreme weather conditions.
6. ISRO will establish 53 more nodes in the first phase in various establishments of the Army, Navy and Air Force across the country.
7. Four more nodes are being established to enable medical consultation between soldiers deployed on the glacier and medical echelons in the rear.