List of Contents
What is the News?
National Institute of Urban Affairs(NIUA) in partnership with Bernard van Leer Foundation(BvLF) has launched the “Infant Toddler and Caregiver-friendly Neighbourhoods (ITCN) Training and Capacity Building Programme”.
About the ITCN Programme:
- The ITCN Programme is designed to build capacities of city officials and young professionals. It is for developing neighbourhoods within Indian cities that are friendly to young children and families.
Key Features of the ITCN Programme:
- Firstly, under the programme, city officials and young professionals will get skills through certified training and capacity building modules.
- Secondly, the training will take place through well-structured training modules. These modules are provided online through the National Urban Learning Platform (NULP).
About National Institute of Urban Affairs(NIUA):
- National Institute of Urban Affairs(NIUA) was established in 1976. It is a premier institute of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs,
- Purpose: It aims to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization. Further, it suggests ways and mechanisms to address urban challenges in the country.
- Significance: The institute has utilized its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges. Further, NIUA continuously strives to develop sustainable, inclusive and productive urban ecosystems in the country.
About National Urban Learning Platform(NULP):
- National Urban Learning Platform (NULP) is an initiative of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs and National Institute of Urban Affairs(NIUA).
- Aim: The platform aims to empower India’s urban functionaries, administrators, elected representatives, civil society, industry actors and other ecosystem players. The NULP also aims to empower them to build smart, inclusive, sustainable and resilient cities.