News:Union Minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change has launched the ‘Jaldoot’ initiative.
- Jaldoot is a unique initiative that is designed to take the message of water conservation to the masses.
- This initiative was launched by the Regional Outreach Bureau(ROB) (ROB comes under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting) in association with MSRTC (Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation).
- Under this initiative,a bus has been designed to create the Jaldoot: A Travelling Exhibition on Jalshakti Abhiyan.
- The exhibition shall consists of various information display panels and audio-visual components among others to create awareness on water conservation efforts.
Jal Shakti Abhiyan:
- Jal Shakti Abhiyan is a time-bound, mission mode, water conservation and irrigation efficiency campaign for water security in India.
- It aims at making water conservation and promotion of irrigation efficiency a ‘jan andolan’ (public campaign) through asset creation and communication campaigns in rural India.
- The campaign focuses on five key aspects which includes: a) Water conservation and rainwater harvesting, b) Renovation of water bodies, c) Renovation of bore well recharge structures, d) Watershed development and e) intensive afforestation.