News:Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR) has been collaborating with several scientists and research scholars in implementing the JIGYASA program.
About JIGYASA program:
- Jigyasa is a student-scientist connect programme launched by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR) in collaboration with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan(KVS).
- The programme aims to connect school students and scientists as well as to extend the student’s classroom learning to a very well-planned research laboratory based learning.
- The programme has been inspired by Prime Minister’s vision of a new India and “Scientific Social Responsibility(SSR)” of the scientific community and institutions.
- The Programme is expected to connect 1151 Kendriya Vidyalayas with 38 National Laboratories of CSIR targeting 100,000 students and nearly 1000 teachers annually.
- The programme is also expected to inculcate the culture of inquisitiveness and scientific temper on the minds of children and school teachers.
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR) is an autonomous research and development body established by the Government of India in 1942.
- It covers a wide spectrum of science and technology –from radio, oceanography, geophysics, chemicals, drugs, genomics, biotechnology and nanotechnology among others.
- It provides significant technological intervention in many areas with regard to societal efforts which include environment, health, drinking water, food, housing, energy, farm and non-farm sectors.