Why in News?
A large scale Joint Military exercise – Exercise Kavach will be conducted in the coming week.
- Exercise Kavach: It is a Joint Military exercise involving assets of the Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, and Indian Coast Guard.
- Conducted under: The exercise will be conducted under the aegis of the Andaman and Nicobar Command, the only Joint Forces Command of the country.
- To fine-tune joint war-fighting capabilities and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for enhancing operational synergy.
- To execute multi-domain, high-intensity offensive and defensive maneuvers in the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.
- The exercise involves synergized application of maritime surveillance assets, coordinated air and maritime strikes, air defense, submarine and landing operations.