Kan Sikul, Kan Huan – My School, my farm
- Kan Sikul, Kan Huan (My School, My Farm) is an initiative
of District Administration of Lawngtlai, Mizoram.
- The aim of the initiative is to make every
school, Anganwadi, Child care institution and hostel in Lawngtlai, self-sufficient
in local variety of fruits and vegetables by March 2020.
- By doing so, the initiative seeks to reduce
malnutrition among children. Lawngtlai has 35.3% stunted, 21.3% underweight and
5.9% severely wasted children under 5 — highest in Mizoram.
- The initiative is a convergence of Centre’s
Poshan Abhiyan with regular activities of departments such as Agriculture and
- The Poshan Abhiyan is a multi-ministerial
convergence mission with the vision to ensure attainment of malnutrition free
India by 2022.