News:Kerala Chief Minister has launched the Kerala edition of WING-Women Rise Together.
- WING is an initiative by Startup India,Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT).
- The programme aims to identify and support aspiring and established women entrepreneurs by providing them access to incubation, investors and various business support services.
- Kerala Startup Mission(KSUM) along with LetsVenture has been given the responsibility by Invest India to run this programme in all the southern states of India.
- Invest India’ is India’s official agency dedicated to investment promotion and facilitation.It is under Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It was formed in 2009 under Section 25 of the Companies Act 1956
- It was set up as a joint venture company between the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), and State Governments of India.
- Invest India provides sector-specific and state-specific information to a foreign investor, assists in expediting regulatory approvals, and offers hand-holding services.