News:Kerala police has launched a programme called Cyberdome.
- Cyberdome is Kerala police department’s premier facility dedicated to prevent cybercrime and mitigate security threats to the State’s critical information infrastructure.
- The facility has state-of-the-art lab complete with enabling software to intervene and crack down on the rising criminal activities over the Darknet also known as the underworld of the Internet.
- The darknet refers to networks that are not accessible by search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
- These are networks that are only available to a select group of people and not to the general Internet public.It is only accessible via authorization, specific software and configurations.
- The two typical types of darknet are friend-to-friend networks (usually used for file sharing with a peer-to-peer connection) and privacy networks such as Tor (The Onion Router).
- It is a major source to buy anything for drug dealers, arms traffickers, child pornography collectors and other criminals involved in financial and physical crimes.