What is the News?
The consignment of ‘Raja Mircha’ also referred as king chilli from Nagaland was exported to London via Guwahati by air for the first time.
About Raja Mircha:
- Raja Mircha is a chilli from Nagaland. It is also referred to as king chilli or Bhoot Jolokia and Ghost pepper.
- Genus: This chilli belongs to the genus Capsicum of the family Solanaceae.
- GI Tag: It got the Geographical Indication(GI) certification in 2008.
- Significance: It has been considered as the world’s hottest chilli and is constantly on the top five in the list of the world’s hottest chilies based on the Scoville Heat Units (SHUs).
About Scoville heat units(SHU):
- Scoville heat units(SHU) measure how much sugar-water needs to be diluted into a chili pepper mash to get to the point where you no longer feel the heat at all.The higher the Scoville rating, the hotter the pepper.