- Kondapalli bommalu (Kondapalli toys) are colourful, hand-crafted, wooden toys made by artisans of Kondapalli town, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh.
- The artisans who work on crafting these wooden toys are called the Arya Kshatriyas. They are said to have migrated to Kondapalli town from Rajasthan in the 16th century.
- The Kondapalli toys are crafted from a wood known as Tella Poniki which is obtained from local forests and seasoned for years.
- The themes for the toys vary from mythological to the modern. The Krishna theme and the Dasavatharam are popular mythological themes.
- Kondapalli bommalu has been given GI Tag in the handicrafts category.
Download :-Free upsc syllabus pdf