News:The Krishi Kalyan Abhiyan(KKA) is being implemented in 112 Aspirational districts of the country.
- Launched Year:2018
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Aim:To aid, assist and advise farmers to improve their farming techniques and increase their incomes.
- It will be implemented in 25 Villages with more than 1000 population each in Aspirational Districts identified in consultation with the Ministry of Rural Development as per directions of NITI Aayog.
- In districts where the number of villages with more than 1000 population is less than 25, all villages will be covered.
- Activities under this programme:
- Distribution of Soil Health Cards to all farmers
- 100% coverage of bovine vaccination for Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) in each village
- 100% coverage of Sheep and Goat for eradication of Peste des Petits ruminants (PPR) also known as sheep and goat plague
- Distribution of Mini Kits of pulses and oilseeds to all
- Distribution of Horticulture/ Bamboo plant
- Making 100 NADAP Pits in each village
- Artificial insemination saturation
- Demonstration programmes on Micro- irrigation
- Demonstrations of integrated cropping practice.
Aspirational Districts Programme:
- Launched Year: 2018.
- It is coordinated by the Niti Aayog with the support from Central Ministries and the State Governments.
- Aim: To transform districts that have shown relatively lesser progress in key social areas and have emerged as pockets of under-development.