What is the News?
Delhi Education Minister inaugurates Delhi Technological University(DTU) Lab on Wheels programme.
About Lab on Wheels Programme:
- The Programme aims to impart education in the fields of Mathematics and Science. Especially to the students from marginalised and poor economic backgrounds. The programme aims to stimulate their interests in these subjects while pursuing higher education.
- In the end, the programme becomes mutually beneficial, if some of these students decide to take admission in DTU once they finish schooling.
Key Features of the programme:
- Under the Lab on Wheels, Delhi Technological University students will travel in a bus across Delhi. Also, they will teach government school students and underprivileged children.
- The bus will comprise 16 computers, two televisions, one 3D printer, one laptop, cameras and one printer. It will also be Wi-Fi enabled with 100% power back up and fully air-conditioned.
- The Lab on Wheels programme will cover some important things. Such as basic computer training for students, regular classwork for Class 10 and 12 students, and 3D printing training.
Source: Indian Express