List of Contents
Source: This post is created based on the article “Locally made green trains to be rolled out”, published in Live Mint on 2nd Feb 2023.
Why in the News?
Under the ‘Amrit Bharat Station’ scheme, the central government plans to redevelop about 1,275 stations across the country.
About ‘Amrit Bharat Station’ scheme
Under the scheme, central government plans to redevelop about 1,275 stations across the country.
Other plans for Railway infrastructure
- At present, the production of Vande Bharat Express trains takes place at Chennai’s Integral Coach factory (ICF). Production facility will be expanded to new locations.
- A corridor-based approach would be taken up across the country to develop railway infrastructure.
- A ‘Sagarmala’ corridor will be set up to connect the ports in the country.
- More circuits will be added to the series of trains like ‘Bharat Gaurav’.
- The government would also set up a ‘Janjati Gaurav Corridor’ connecting tribal areas of the country by rail.
- In line with Centre’s energy transition and net zero goals, Indian Railways plans to design and manufacture India’s first hydrogen-fueled train by the end of this year.