News:India and Netherlands has launched the second phase of the LOTUS-HR as a part of joint collaboration.
- LOTUS-HR stands for Local Treatment of Urban Sewage streams for Healthy Reuse plant.
- The project was initiated in 2017.It aims to demonstrate a novel holistic waste-water management approach that will produce clean water that can be reused for various proposes.
- The project also aims to simultaneously recover nutrients and energy from the urban waste water thus converting drain into profitable mines.
- The project is jointly supported by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India and the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research(STW), Government of the Netherlands.
- The location of the project is Barapullah drain systems,New Delhi.The partners in the project are IIT-Delhi and The Energy and Resources Institute(TERI).
- The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) is a non-profit research institute.
- It conducts research work in the fields of energy, environment and sustainable development for India and the Global South.
- It was established in 1974 as the Tata Energy Research Institute and renamed to The Energy Resources Institute in 2003.