News:National Crime Records Bureau(NCRB) has released the data on the missing children and women trafficking.
Key takeaways from the Data:
- The common causes of trafficking are sexual exploitation, child labour and domestic help.
- The highest trafficking was observed from the cities of Mumbai and Kolkata.
- Maharashtra reported the maximum number of missing women and Madhya Pradesh reported the maximum number of cases of missing children.
- Among all the states, Odisha reported maximum rise in missing women cases and Assam in missing Children.
- According to UNODC Global report 2018 on trafficking,women and girls make up most trafficking victims worldwide.Almost three-quarters of them are trafficked for sexual exploitation and 35% (women and girls) are trafficked for forced labor.