Skip to content
- The Maharashtra government has decided to constitute
a task force to study impact of climate change on Mumbai. The taskforce will
comprise of local and global experts.
- The task force will be set up by the environment
department of Maharashtra in coordination with Mumbai First, a non-profit
- The taskforce will study urban flooding in
cities like Venice, Geneva and London and measures taken against flooding and
unplanned reclamation in these cities.
- It also study patterns of climate change and flood
management measures taken by leading countries such as the Netherlands.
- The taskforce will collaborate with European
Climate Change Programme of the European Union to prepare a blueprint.