News: Ministry of External Affairs has launched the Global Pravasi Rishta Portal and app in order to connect with nearly 3.12 crore Indians across the world.
- Objective: To act as a dynamic communication platform by facilitating a three-way communication between the Indian Missions (meaning the embassies), external affairs ministry and Indian diaspora.
- Key Features of the Portal:
- The portal will enable the registration of Indian diaspora members(Persons of Indian Origin(PIOs), Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizenship of India(OCIs)) and will help connect the Indian Diaspora members to new and existing government schemes.
- It will lend a helping hand during crisis management. The Indian diaspora can reach the consular services and officers in time during emergencies.
- It will provide useful information to the Indian Diaspora such as passport, visa and other consular services.It will also act as a platform for the Government of India(GoI) to take useful opinion from Indian Diaspora in framing policies.
- Global Pravasi Rishta Portal will facilitate OCI, PIO, and NRI community members by connecting them to various existing and new government schemes which will benefit them in various areas of interest.
Need for such Portal:
- As of now, there is no effective communication channel available with the ministry to connect with the Indian diaspora worldwide.
- The Portal will enable three-way communication between the ministry, our missions and the diaspora.
- The rishta portal will enable communication with the diaspora on a realtime basis and will have the ability to issue emergency alerts and advisories.
Download :-Free upsc mains syllabus