List of Contents
What is the News?
The government has announced the winners of the Start-up Women Entrepreneur Awards 2020-21. It has also launched the Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Innovation Challenge.
About Start-up Women Entrepreneur Awards 2020-21:
- Setup by: Ministry for Electronics and IT (MeitY)-NASSCOM in partnership with UN Women.
- To recognize and cultivate the entrepreneurial spirit in women. It also inspires the next generation of women to lead the Indian digital era to serve as guiding role models;
- To encourage promising entrepreneurs who not only contribute to the nation’s economy but also to the social community
- To provide leadership and serve as guiding examples for emerging and young future entrepreneurs.
- Significance: The winners of the awards have also been selected for the MeitY-NASSCOM Tech Women Entrepreneur Accelerator Program. The program gives them access to networks, connections, learning and resources that are needed to build scalable, profitable and global businesses.
About Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Innovation Challenge:
- Launched by: MyGov under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, and UN Women
- Aim: The aim of the Challenge is ‘Nari Sashaktikaran’, which is, to empower women to help them achieve their full potential.
- Objective: To support and promote women entrepreneurs and women-led Startups to find innovative solutions in the area of Women Safety and Empowerment.
- Implementation: The Challenge is being implemented under the Multi-Partner Trust Fund (COVID-19) Programme.
- Benefits: The five winners of this challenge will be awarded INR 5 lakh each to develop, market and implement their solutions.