News:The Naval Exercise MILAN 2020 is scheduled to be held at Visakhapatnam in March,2020.
About Exercise MILAN:
- Naval Exercise is a series of biennial multilateral naval exercise conducted by Indian Navy.It was first held in the year 1995.
- It is aimed to enhance professional interaction between friendly foreign navies and learn from each other’s strengths and best practices in the maritime domain.
- It was conducted at Andaman and Nicobar Command(ANC) until last year and is being conducted for the first time on the mainland at Eastern Naval Command(ENC).
- The areas of cooperation of the exercise includes capacity building, marine domain awareness, training, hydrography, technical assistance, and operational exercises.
- In Exercise MILAN 2020,Indian Navy will host naval officers and sailors from 41 nations.However,China has not been extended an invitation to take part in the event.
- The 41 countries which have been invited are:-