What is the News?
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launches the City Innovation exchange(CiX) platform.
About City Innovation exchange(CiX) Platform:
- The platform aims to connect cities to innovators. It will help to design innovative solutions for pressing urban challenges.
- The platform is built on the philosophy of ‘everyone is an innovator’.
- The Smart Cities Mission will partner and effectively collaborate with Startup India, Atal Innovation Mission, AGNIi, and other initiatives in the Indian Innovation ecosystem.
- Currently, the platform has more than 400 start-ups, 100 smart cities, more than 150 challenges statements, and over 215 solutions.
Significance of the platform:
- The platform brings together Citizens-Organisations -Academic Businesses-Government to co-create solutions for the future of Urban India.
- The platform will help cities in adopting solutions that will enhance the quality of life for their residents. Moreover, it will significantly improve the Ease of Doing Business.
- It will also be a significant addition to the growing innovation ecosystem of India as it focuses on fostering innovative practices in cities.
AGNIi – Accelerating Growth of New India’s Innovations
- Nodal Agency: It is a program of the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India and a Mission under the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council(PM-STIAC).
- Purpose: It helps commercialize Indian technological innovations. It supports technology initiatives by connecting owners of innovative and new solutions with the market.
- Implementation: It is executed at Invest India, India’s National Investment Promotion Agency.